Winter in the Val Venosta is also a special time away from the ice and snow: there are the winter villages, the advent season in Glorenza with its lights, scents and sounds, and the traditional “Koatlacker” Nicholas procession in Prato dello Stelvio.
The ski areas of the Val Venosta at a glance
- Sulden: a glacier area with guaranteed snow, 15 runs and a total of 40 kilometres of pistes, 11 lifts, a funpark and deep snow slopes, toboggan run, a ski kindergarten and various eateries
- Trafoi: a family-friendly resort with 8 runs and 10 kilometres of pistes plus baby slopes, 5 ski lifts and refreshments at the Furkel hut at the top station
- Watles: 4 wide slopes totalling 18 kilometres, 3 lifts, a freeride piste, a downhill slope, snowpark, natural toboggan run and over 15 km of cross-country ski trails, ski kindergarten and several eateries
- Haideralm: 6 slopes totalling 20 kilometres of pistes of all grades of difficulty, 5 ski lifts, guaranteed snow, the starting point for extreme sports and paragliding, as well as for various snowshoe excursions, ski and snowboard school, refreshments available at the Berger Alm mountain inn and in the Igloo
- Schöneben: wide slopes and guaranteed snow with 30 kilometres of slopes for beginners and experts, 7 ski lifts, ski school and kindergarten, professional quality snowpark, guided ski tours and refreshments in the Iglu Piz and the ski lodge